November 11, 2008

Welcome Home My Combat Brothers and Sisters

Today we celebrate those who came home and remember the ones who did not. This day of remembrance holds more of a special place in my heart as the years go by and I find comfort here on this day today.

After 1991, upon coning home and many years after I could not stand alone very well on this day, due to my insulation and isolation. Today I realize that it was my insistence upon doing it all on my own that was the making of my downfall.

I lost a friend yesterday, his life was taken from him. I can remember his laugh, his good natured personality, he would help anyone who asked and he died by himself.

Today I am going to go to school wearing my veterans hat and later go to dinner with some friends and remember the ones who have fallen and will never again stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, stories and information. Thank you. ~ Scott Lee